What Is Fiqh & Akhlaq?
The word fiqh is an Arabic term meaning "deep understanding" or "full comprehension" and it refers to the Islamic Jurisprudence.
Fiqh is an expansion of the Sharia Islamic law which is based directly on the Quran and Sunnah that complements Shariah with evolving rulings/interpretations of Islamic jurists.
Akhlaq is an Arabic term referring to the practice of virtue, morality and good manners in Islamic Theology and Philosophy (Falsafah). It is most commonly translated in English as; islamic behavior, disposition, good conduct, nature, temper, ethics, morals or character (of a person).
Why Are Fiqh & Akhlaq Important?
Allah mentioned in the Qur'an, ''And it is not possible for all the believers to go out (at once); Then why should a delegation not come forth from every grouping, so that they may attain the understanding of Religion, thereafter returning to their people, warning them, in the hope that they may remain guarded.'' [Surah al-Tawbah, Verse 122]
It is evident in the above verse that attaining the knowledge of Fiqh is important. It solidifies the understanding of the orders of Allah and of His prohibitions as well as the understanding of what has been revealed to the prophet, in addition to the application of these rulings in practical life. Indeed every action, word or movement that a pubescent person does or utters, has a ruling set by Allah on it. It could be an obligation, a Sunnah or something desirable, disliked or forbidden.
Thus, we realize the necessity of Fiqh and its importance for the individual, society and the Ummah (Muslim nation) as a whole.
A Sahabah رضي الله تعالى asked the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, “What is the thing that will cause the people to enter the Jannah the most?” Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم replied, “Taqwa of Allah and having good Akhlaq.”
In Islam there is a lot of emphasis placed on Akhlaq (Good Moral Conduct). In fact, it is one of the matters that can weigh heavily in our good deeds in the Hereafter. Improving our character, however, is not at all an easy task. One must go through rigorous self-discipline, monitoring, and education to reform our entire way of thinking and acting.
You have now understood the significance of Fiqh and Akhlaq and how they impact our daily lives. As parents, have you done your part to instill good manners as taught by our beloved Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم to your children? What about making them understand Islam and its daily practices better through knowledge of Fiqh?
What if you could strengthen your child's understanding and knowledge in these two main topics in 3 months, in the most fun, interactive and exciting way?
Find out below what this programme has to offer!
This life changing 12 week course brings your little ones to explore the Islamic concepts of Akhlaq (morality & ethics) and Fiqh and the importance of their application in developing human virtues and Islamic excellence. At the end of this programme, your child would have greater insights on developing good moral conduct and also the basic daily obligations which are expected of us as Muslims.
Core topic: Fiqh
- Introduction to Fiqh and its importance
- Self-purification: Types & categories of water, Istinja', Hadath, Tayamum
- Everything regarding Solat: 5 Daily Obligatory prayers - Theory & Practical, Timings, Postures & movements in Solat, Conditions, Pillars,Wajib & Sunnah in Solat, Recommended Supplications
- Sunnah Prayers: Solat Rawatib, Tahajud and Witir, Dhuha, Tahiyatul Masjid, Tarawih, Eid, Kusuf & Khusuf, Istisqa'
Core topic: Akhlaq
- Introduction to Akhlaq and its importance
- Dangers & Impacts of: Lying, Insulting others, Gossiping, Being rough to others, Treachery & Betrayal of Trust
- The evil of fighting
- Being generous
- Practicing compromise
- Good assumptions of others
- Mutual resepct
- Making supplications/du'a for each other
- Class commencement date:
- 12 sessions (2 hrs per session, Once a week) -
- Course fee: $285 (inclusive of 2 Textbooks, 2 Workbooks and registration fees)
- Language of instruction: English
- Venue: 150 Changi Road, Guthrie Building #04-04B Singapore 419973 - Getting there
- Teacher: Ustazah Nur Farhana (Read more)
- Children aged between 9 to 11 years old
- No prior knowledge is required since this course is suited for complete beginners
7 Reasons Why Your Kids Should Be In This Program...
- Excellent head-start in understanding Islam better
- Builds & develops your child's inner character
- Stimulates their curiosity and interests in Islamic Education
- Boosts their understanding and knowledge in their responsibilities as Muslims
- Plenty valuable lessons for takeaways
- Promotes good communication skills through group activities and presentation
- InsyaAllah, moulds them into good and responsible Muslims
Are you keen to see positive changes in your child? Click on the button below to reserve a spot! Seats are limited.